HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — With intense winter season disorders predicted to strike all sections of the Midstate on Sunday night, PennDOT listed journey and motor vehicle limits. As of 4:00 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 17, all pace and travel restrictions have been lifted.
Commencing at 3 p.m. on Sunday, these roadways had been in Tier 2 of PennDOT’s weather function vehicle restriction strategy:
- All interstates south of I-80 not such as I-80
- PA Turnpike I-76 (Mainline) from Ohio border to New Jersey border like all western exstensions
- PA Turnpike Northeast Extension (I-476) from I-276 to I-80
- All of U.S. 22
- All of Route 33
At 7 p.m. the pursuing roadways experienced Tier 2 auto restrictions:
- All interstates north of I-80 such as I-80
- PA Turnpike Northeast Extension (I-476) from I-80 to Clarks Summit
Get daily information, temperature, and breaking news alerts straight to your inbox! Sign up for the abc27 newsletters below
Also at 7 p.m., these roadways had Tier 3 car limits:
At 11 p.m. these roadways had Tier 3 vehicle restrictions:
- I-81 north of I-84
Speeds have been lowered to 45 mph on the adhering to streets:
- Interstates 78 in Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton counties
- Interstate 80 in Carbon and Monroe counties
- Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County
- Interstate 176 in Berks County
- Interstate 380 in Monroe County.
- U.S. 22 in Lehigh and Northampton counties
- U.S. 209 in Carbon, Schuylkill and Monroe counties
- U.S. 222 in Berks and Lehigh counties
- U.S. 422 in Berks County
- Route 33 in Monroe and Northampton counties.
On roadways with velocity limitations, commercial cars not affected by limits on these or other roadways have to transfer to the suitable lane.
Tier 2 constraints are as follows:
- Tractors with out trailer
- Tractors towing unloaded or flippantly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers
- Tractors towing loaded tandem trailer unless there are chains or an additional accredited Alternate Traction Machine on board
- Enclosed cargo shipping and delivery trucks that fulfill the definition of a CMV
- Passenger motor vehicles (automobiles, SUVs, pickup vehicles, and so forth.) towing trailer
- Leisure vehicles/motorhomes
- University buses, professional buses and motor coaches
Below Tier 3 limits, no industrial motor vehicles are authorized on afflicted roadways Except loaded single trailers with chains or authorized Alternate Traction Equipment. All college buses, professional buses, motor coaches, bikes, RVs/motorhomes, and passenger automobiles (cars, SUVs, pickup vehicles, and many others.) towing trailers are also not authorized on affected roadways although Tier 3 restrictions are in put.